Invincibles

Of late I have understood (though not completely yet) about an astonishing breed of people. Theirs is the only other path to invincibility apart from Howard Roark's. Even though the below traits are present in all of us in varying proportions, there is an increasing number championing these qualities to perfection.

> There shall be nothing that is objective. Never say a blank yes/no when there is a conflict. This is how one can always have power and responsibilities and never be convicted.
> Do everything and anything to impress the "boss".
> Uncanny ability to dilute an issue, attribute enormous importance to banal issues and fabricate stuff beyond recognition.
> Art of manipulating people. A fine balance between "using" others when required and discarding whenever not.
> Capability of sugar coated speech and sweet tone as well as threatening and intimidating tone and the        knowledge of when to use what.
> Should be able to deliver the same content in different versions to different audience.
> Skillfully cover your ass when there is a question about wrongdoings.
> Flock with the same "kind".

I never fail because I never have a  firm stand and am flexible, on any of my commissions and omissions. 
Every one has their own definition  for morals, ethics, standards aligned to ones own balance sheets; since we are humans invariably these differ.
Going by the pragmatic world's most commonly agreed definitions of success, the above listed are the indispensably  its prerequisites. Look around, you will see them everywhere.. at work; in media, politics, corporates...in you and I.... its omnipresent trying to become omnipotent.

PS: I do not intend or wish that readers perceive this piece in the same way as I do. This is more of an introspection of a half-tainted in pursuit of "reason".

4 comments:

ihsahshashi said...

Do you realize you are talking about the kind Peter Keating represent?
All the things you said above are attributes of the parasite.
When you meet one, give him/her the stiff arm ( googleit :)) and walk on !

But yes, society is what you percieve it to be and these people will always give you a reason why they are who they are, but frankly it doesnt matter.

raithu said...

@shashi

I have mentioned Roark to get a clear picture. No they are the next version of Keating. Peter knew he was a parasite and acknowledged it at a later stage. The people whom I talk of here will never do this in hundred life times.

Yes it doesn't matter, only when you are Howard Roark or John Galt. It matters to me because
1) I see in me parts of Peter and at times Toohey also. For now I am a mediocre who is stuck midway not completely on any side trying to figure out both.
2) Discarding/protesting parasitic deeds is not an easily doable thing.

180ml of vodka said...

well I see whom you are referring to in this post! let me assure you that not everyone "qualifies" to acquire these qualities! Infact its we who make them "invincible". we dont care to get an answer beyond an objective and automatically label "ineffective -----" if one genuinely tries to elucidate.

yesterday night, I was watching an interview of Mr.Chidambaram on NDTV.I rever him a lot and he is'nt invincible(in the context of this blog) completely but yes partly.he did silence all the audience with his answers and counter questions. wow!!! yet he dissappointed me when he said he can't persuade the state governments to alleviate the "accumulated neglect"(the way he put it) relating to police reforms or other major issues that he was aware of!

raithu said...

@180ml

There is no fine line of distinction. It is not I vs them.. it is I vs I and We vs We.

I concur with you when you say -- "its we who make them"